Is this a good computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well you could get a much better super budget system for about $500. Mwave.com does a thing where they'll assemble all the parts in your cart for $80. That might be the best way to go...

Here's what I'd suggest, sorry I'm too lazy to get all the same parts from Mwave's site so you'll have to do a tad bit of looking...

Sempron 2800
Then as the mobo select the Biostar G6100 and at least 512mb ddr400 ram. that setup costs ~$173

Then buy case

Your on you own for a power supply, get the best one with leftover $$$ ask someone else, cause I'm in the dark psu wise.
Well, here's a good one someone recommended to me that's $40.
PSU

This is a good dvd burner burner

Hard drive

They should have pretty much the same stuff for about the same price on Mwave, and now you have a few choices...

All that is about $500 and it will play modern games better than my Radeon 9200. (By that I mean you can play all games like HL2 and Farcry at low-to med settings)
Then you add $80 for them to build it, so you're at $480. I'd suggest buying a stick of 128 or 256mb ram for the onboard GFX to use with the left over $20.
Now you have a machine that can play games better than any budget prebuild ever would.

I'd then sugggest upgrading with a 6600GT(~$120) or 6800GS(~$200) When you feel like the gfx are not good enuf.
I'd also suggest another 512mb stick of ram (~$35)
Other than that the system is a good budget gamer with room to upgrade.

Also, you'll need to buy windows...lol so It's $80 bucks when you buy the computer so it would total something like $560-580.
Sorry, that was probably really confusing, hope that help give you an alternative...

Other wise that system you posted is, acceptible, and it would allow you to upgrade a lot.

Ya i wouldnt suggest getting the 6200 its kinda of pointless i got it in the summer and i should of spent an extra 40 and got alot better one

Ok thanks for clearing the media center thing up. Isn't a videocard just how it looks? How is it going to slow me down?

ok thanks. Since im not so good with computers can you tell me why taht computer is better than the one i posted? I just want ta know. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom