Dell is getting better (stilll overpriced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
ok i was looking at the whole Dell and AMD thing and i found this link

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx...gory_id=2999&k=advanced+micro+devices&x=0&y=0

dell is now selling AMD or as thay put it "ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES" probably to through people off who dont pay attention to what they read or know AMD's full name. i also found this about the XPS.( read the pentium 4 extreme edition thing)

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=highlighttab#tabtop

ok with the new AMD processors coming into dell and the XPS 600 (still way over priced) being able to overclock does this mean dell will actuall make everyone of their Pc's overclockable or just the one with amd would be nice. i like this cause every year my school orders new computer from dell and i hate that cause thats what we use in Computer Tech class and you can overclock and theres no AMD processors.

But i still HATE my dell cause its from 2002 and just plain sucks.

I know my Dell that I had many years ago. That was a celeron. You couldn't change anything with the bios. The mobo was set up for the chip and you couldn't change anything. Maybe they won't be like that but I doubt it. As far as overpriced...... I couldn't build a computer with the software installed on them for what they are selling them for. ****, somethimes if you figure the LCD screen that it comes with the rest of the puter is only $300. Sure they're junk. But they're cheap!

Dell is getting better

blasphemy.gif

It doesn't say it'll actually let you overclock it like you can with other PCs. You can only change the speed to something higher, and there are only 2 settings. What if I can take the processor to 4.0GHz but I'm only limited to 3.6GHz. Not to mention theres so many problems that come with a pre-built Dell compared to custom built PCs like what if I want to add another HSF? Uh oh, too bad, can't do that. How about more fans? Sorry. Watercooling? Nope.

Upgrade to a X800XT from a 6800GT for $400 more? No thank you.

Go from a Pentium-D 3.0GHz to Pentium-D 3.2GHz for $300 more? No thanks.

Dell can go to I-I3LL.

Dell is a blight on the computer universe. I suppose that it's a good thing that they're starting to use AMD, if only because they have contracts with so many big groups like schools.

But seriously, if a person is going to buy a pre-built PC, there are better choices than Dell. Like, just about everything. For example, I've picked emachines for my little sister, and I think they're a good value for average users. I've even opened them and upgraded stuff, and they look fine inside. Dells are generally overpriced and underpowered, and they kind of fool an unknowing buyer who doesn't know any better.

Yea, eMachines are nice budget PCs. My friend is getting a $380 ($480 with shipping) HP that includes An Athlon 64 3200+ Venice, 512MB RAM and an 80GB HDD. He's gonna add a X1600Pro later.

I've worked on a few emachines and no, they aren't bad at all.
The one's i've seen have had "ASUS motherboards, Athlon 64's and the RAM is usually some sort to samsung chips. This is also true for some HP's that i've worked on.

Dell, will never get better. I'm sorry to say.

Their motherboards are actually made by intel I believe. So i'm wondering what exactly they are going to do for AMD motherboards? I wonder if they'd go with ASUS?

ahh screw Dell.

like every one of those amd processors they are selling is 15-20 dollars more than newegg. They are not that much overpriced or maybe newegg is underpriced =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom