Places to Learn About Building PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShorts

Baseband Member
I'm going to be building my first computer here pretty soon. Does anybody know of any good websites/books/magazines to learn about building computers in?

thanx guys.

oh, and what is grounding yourself? i've heard of it buy i don't know what it is or why you would do it.

well lets see there is a possibility of ruining ur comp parts by touching ur parts after running on carpet with socks, for example.
Also if you wear like a wool sweater that caould shock ur parts. also, this is why comp parts come in weird static bags that keeps the static out. grounging urself.....you can buy wrist straps that ground you at like radio shack or sumthin. (newegg.com---buy comp parts there) as for books i bought "Build your own PC" by morris rosenthal (third edition) but the third edition is outdated a little but its still good
http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

dbernie41 said:
If you want to learn go around to the different forum topics and READ READ READ!

Honestly, I learned a hell of a lot about computers just by cruising the forums.

At this point I bet I could take my computer apart and put it back together, which I could not have done before recieving advice from the knowledgeable guys in this forum.

I learned to build PC's by dismantelling the computers at my high school because we had the dumbest computer engineering teacher ever.

The next year I moved on to do co-op at a computer store.

You can learn anything you want on the itnernet, I just dont like to read too much xD

spfd said:
You can learn anything you want on the itnernet, I just dont like to read too much xD

Just be skeptical of sources. You can learn anything on the internet, but a lot of it isn't true. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom