startup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace.....
Make sure your 'power/reset' connector/s are installed correctly on your mobo. I remember I had a problem with that particular connector. It was an open connector with no key, and it was confusing.
Check the manual about that connector.

Yeah, make sure that the positive and negative pins are on the right way around. That goes for all the switch connectors.

A system not posting certainly means that it's a hardware fault. Since you've eliminated the graphics card, it will be either the CPU, RAM or the motherboard itself. If all your switches (power, reset), etc are wired correctly and the problem with them still persists, then I'd put my money on it being a faulty motherboard.

TMT.

TMT....
Just to note...... in his first post, he mentioned that the
'reset' switch didn't work at all. He also had problems with the power button( turning off). So I would definitely say he still has a major problem with the Power circuitry.
* Are you a member of the Overclocking/UK forum ???

John....

I built my own computer over the summer and I think it had the same issues as this one. Did you get the powersupply bundle with the computer case? When I did mine was shoddy, so I had to go out and buy a completely new one. Try hooking up a known good power supply.

EDIT: When my power supply was bad all the lights and fans started up, but I didn't get a POST. Which is why the power supply was the last thing that got checked.

JKnPA said:
* Are you a member of the Overclocking/UK forum ???

nope, at least i don't think so. :p i'll ask him to try another p/s since he did get another one (more watts). however, the p/s does not fit the case properly, weirdly, so it might be that. i'll tell him to try it. thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom