Need help buying a new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hennessy

Solid State Member
ok, i have been searching around for a while and dont know which motherboard to buy. I want one that i could upgrade my cpu in the future and other things... I am building my first computer and this will be a gaming and school computer. I have been searching newegg, but there are just so many, can you guys recommend me a good motherboard for gaming and is upgradeable and will use an AMD 64 3700+....

my budget for this motherboard is $100-200

if it helps.....
ill be getting 2 x 512 mb of ram
160 gig hd
video card-need some help with that because i dont know which to choose....
and i got the optical drive and the other things set....
I just need some opinions on a motherboard that wont die on me within the next few years....

If you would be willing to spend an extra $35, this is the best mobo around and it also excellent for upgradability as it supports dual core, SLi and SATA2.
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
I don't know why harry18 recommended the MSI K8N as a good upgradable board because it only supports SATA150 and doesnt support Athlon X2s.

weringo said:
If you would be willing to spend an extra $35, this is the best mobo around and it also excellent for upgradability as it supports dual core, SLi and SATA2.
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
I don't know why harry18 recommended the MSI K8N as a good upgradable board because it only supports SATA150 and doesnt support Athlon X2s.
i would go with the prem version of the sli mobo its only 163 and its great

ok with that price i think i will be going over my budget...any other good motherboards within 100-150? that i could upgrade in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom