Direct X 10 | Shader 4.0 = All Current Video Cards not good enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that and it makes sense your correct but saying Vista is bad for games outright is incorret thanks for clearing that up.

But still as you know DOS game performance isn't an issue with the hardware. Perhaps in a year or two the emulation downfall will not be as bad as we all think it will be with newer hardware.

Why the **** are they going to cut backwords compatibility?!? I will switch to MacOS X86 or Linux if thats true. Also vista is going to have all kind of BS anti piracy stuff and you wont be able to copy DVDs and such etc... BS

incorrect let me welcome you to the built in Microsoft DVD Ripper supposidly supposed to make it's way into the next CTP release

LOL who would have thought.

Check the stickied Vista thread should be burried somewhere between the 30th-40th page.

I thought direct x 10 wasnt going to be fully implemented anyway sticking with 9 and isnt there a planned update to direct x9 I forget the name something stupid like direct x9L :amazed: . I think it`ll be a good couple of years before direct x 10 takes over control.

dont worry about it when dx10 cards are needed they will be here. like any other windows when they first come out they are buggy and hardly any hardware support for it. worry about your computer today if not then do what u been for a while saved to upgrade your pc 2-3 years form now. simple right.

So we won't be able to game with DX10?!?!? Wtf?? Cant you install DX10 on XP? You can install DX9 on windows 95! And why the **** are they not making it backwords compatible with DX9?!?!?!? That is SO ****ING STUPID. I agree, they are trying to boost sales for the shitty xbox 360. If I am forced to buy I console, it sure as **** aint gona be an xbox 360 for 2 reasons.

1. It's made by microsoft
2. UT2007 is coming out on the PS3 first.

Well, if PC gaming survives this, it will be much better in the long run. By cutting backwards compatability, both games and graphics cards can advance in leaps never seen before. Part of what keeps technology from advancing is the issue of backwards compatability. Without backwards support for DX9 and earlier, DX10 will be extremely fast and efficient.

Im not looking forward to the transition, but I am looking forward to the long term results. That is, if PC gaming survives.

And no, DX10 will not install on XP. Microsoft is also doing this to try to push migration to Windows Vista at a much faster rate than Windows XP. Windows XP adoption was EXTREMELY slow, which is why every program you get now is backwards compatable all the way to Windows 98SE.

BandwidthHogg said:
And no, DX10 will not install on XP. Microsoft is also doing this to try to push migration to Windows Vista at a much faster rate than Windows XP. Windows XP adoption was EXTREMELY slow, which is why every program you get now is backwards compatable all the way to Windows 98SE.
Bye bye MS. Now I need to decide between MacOS X86 or Linux...

EDIT:
Will DirectX 9 install on Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom