The Right CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true X2 also overclocks but not as much as they say in general but the 3800+ seems to be the most OC-able X2 series out there is that not correct?

I'd personally say the 3800+ others may say the opteron but make sure your opteron is dual core only the 16 17 and 18 hundreds are dual core.

Opterons are known to overclock but so can the X2 Series and the 3800 is the best overclockable card in that series from what I hear. Either way it's your choice they are virtually the same but you may save some money going with the X2.

Nah, the Opterons are on a different core, I dunno which one... the most OCable from last I heard from the x2 series was the toldeo core models (4400/4800) But all of the are amazing processors. I'd go x2 3800 because it's a mainstream user processor. The opterons were ment only as server or workstation procs, so it's really not worth it unless you are doing lots of 3D or OC'ing a ton.

Opteron has bigger L2 Cache.... You will have more luck overclocking with an Opteron Dual Core right now then you would with an X2 because the Opteron Dual Cores are newer (s939 atleast).

So they say but I've never trully ran into a problem OCing my X2 4400+ exept for some heat issues which is my own fualt not the processor's for use the fans that came with the case and leaving empty fan slots open a problem I will soon be fixing.

The Abit KN8 Ultra has a range of overclocking settings. but i dont really overclock so i would'nt know what board is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom