Should I OC my 7800GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all I just ran 3DMark05 and scored 8056 with the setup in my sig. I compared with some other people and one guy got a score of 12466 with virtually an identical setup.

Am I missing something? Do i need to OC something or do something different?

He has the same card, same processor, basically OCed to the same ghz. Why would he score sooooo much higher?

And how do you go about OCing a 7800GTX? I go to my GTX tab but don't see anywhere to OC. Yes I know I sound like a moron nub. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just got 16428 in 03 is that good?

Overclocking the best video card on the market is purely for bragging rights, nothing more. Don't overclock; you only risk damaging the card.

Yes really there no point, frying your VC is not the thing you want neways. dont risk it

Yeah it's all for bragging rights there is absolutly no need to OC a new card on the market.

Can you play all your games at high settings? Do you have any lags?

If not, then who cares what score you get. Enjoy your setup.

I have been getting some odd lags in BF2 but I think that is a ram issue. That is why I ordered another gig of ram, corsair valueselect :(, that I will be putting in this weekend. But I have heard people talking about having fps in games higher than mine. I know I won't beat SLI people but I was thinking I should still be able to top people with 7800GT cards.

the only game that MAY(depends on how u like ur FPS) would be FEAR. But ihave been hearing that fear causes artifacts easily if u OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom