PSU problem or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I will disable the script, been meaning to anyway.

I will also use partition magic to enlarge my windows partition to 30gig from 11.6gig.

not sure if its working or not but seems to be doing okay so far.

took like 2 or 3 hours to partition so yeah, will let you know if it crashes again.

Crashed again.

after it crashed I pulled out all the componants and put them back again but I swapped my to memory sticks with my wifes brand new ones.

If it is memory then it shouldnt crash.

If not memory and not pagefile... what else can it be apart from the mobo? I dont wanna buy a motherboard without ruling out every other possiblity.

left computer on all night.. no crashes..

I will leave it on for 2 or 3 more days before I put the lighting mods back into to see if it crashes, if it crashes again after i put the lights in then I can say that it is the PSU.. piece of crap PSU was falling apart when I got it, the plastic has a big crack on the side and the thing is a dustmagnet lol... anyone got any ideas for a new PSU??

Same thing happened to me, swapped back the generic PSU which had 50 watts less power, no problem, I leave my comp on for days.

Computer crashed again.

Mother in law told me that it could be that there is 2 things trying to use the same IRQ number so I checked and wallah, I have Realtek A7 Audio, USB2.0 and USB standard all using IRQ number 20.

could this be my problem? I dont wanna buy another PSU or mobo if I dont have to so I am just checking every availiable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom