How to delete/prevent recent documents list???

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
this was all he was really asking
uhh no. he said...

my problem is, when u click "open" in a program like notepad or word, you can click "recent" on the left and all the recent documents opened are there.

mike4realz said:
yah i get wat he's sayin. that recent documents lists a history of recently opened documents. i was playin around wid tweak UI before and there was a feature that u uncheck to not list histories of documents. but just wasn't so sure if that also applies to that guy whos tryin to remove recently opened documents and i'm not using it anymore

we are posting so quick we are missing each other. I that tweak ui just remove the folders. I don't think it disables it. the folder in
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Recent Documents
is still there

I have customizer xp an earlier version of the tweak ui program

mike4realz said:
uhh no. he said...

my problem is, when u click "open" in a program like notepad or word, you can click "recent" on the left and all the recent documents opened are there.

uhh no.

if you hit clear list, that solves his problem. they all disappear

before
RecentsDoc2.jpg

after you hit clear list
RecentsDoc1.jpg

mike4realz said:
yah but it saves it again tho. when he open up other documents

you missed the 2 pictures that I just posted on my last posts.
the first time I open my recent documents for this post, I had over 60 items there. hitting clear list got rid of them.

I was using notepad

you missing my point. everytime u open up documents, it saves a history of those opened documents. u can clear them all up like you said but when u open up documents again, it'll keep a history those opened documents again.

mike4realz said:
you missing my point. everytime u open up documents, it saves a history of those opened documents. u can clear them all up like you said but when u open up documents again, it'll keep a history those opened documents again.

I know that. he would have to occassinally keep hitting clear list to clear them since he don't want to use evidence eliminator, which destroys the whole darn recent documents process. or you can use that version of xp that I was talking to warez about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom