How to delete/prevent recent documents list???

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i get what u saying. but don't know how to take that off. maybe u can use tweak UI to hide it. tweak UI is a powerful tool for tweaking xp. u can read about it and get it @ microsoft's website

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII said:
No that doesnt work, that just deletes the start menu recent documents thing.

Please read what i said:

Thats what im talking about.

And i cant get/use evidence eliminator for certain reasons so please do not mention it.

you con a bee with honey, you don't stab him.

we are trying to help him. then you are insulting our intelligence. I don't know that you can't use evidence eliminator

and most people can take your first post either way. they did READ. you need to be more clearer when you desribe your question

warez almost gave you an answer to your question. he actually did give you the answer, but not what he thought was the answer

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII said:
I searched the web and windows help already so dont say search, my problem is, when u click "open" in a program like notepad or word, you can click "recent" on the left and all the recent documents opened are there.

How do you:

1. Delete them all, as i cannot drag the mouse to select them it doesnt come up, all i have to individually delete them which i dont want to do.
2. Disable it so that documents i open are no longer put there.

RecentsDoc.jpg

i used tweak UI to hide icons and folders and others but not so sure about recent documents. it might have it. but not using it anymore so hopefully some1 who has it installed can reply

edit: oops sory bout double post. i forgot i posted about tweak UI already. hehe :)

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Value Name: NoRecentDocsMenu
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = display, 1 = remove)

mike4realz said:
i used tweak UI to hide icons and folders and others but not so sure about recent documents. it might have it. but not using it anymore so hopefully some1 who has it installed can reply

edit: oops sory bout double post. i forgot i posted about tweak UI already. hehe :)

there a registry tweak to do what you are talking about. he talking about this. notice how it is empty. if you don't do what he want, it is full

RecentsDoc1.jpg

Warez Monster said:
User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Value Name: NoRecentDocsMenu
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = display, 1 = remove)
hey nice. another reg editing. don't know why people so scared bout modifying their registry cuz in case they screwed up, they won't be able to boot their system. haha that's why microsoft released tweak ui as an alternative for modifying xp.

EricB said:
there a registry tweak to do what you are talking about. he talking about this. notice how it is empty. if you don't do what he want, it is full

RecentsDoc1.jpg
yah i get wat he's sayin. that recent documents lists a history of recently opened documents. i was playin around wid tweak UI before and there was a feature that u uncheck to not list histories of documents. but just wasn't so sure if that also applies to that guy whos tryin to remove recently opened documents and i'm not using it anymore

Warez Monster said:
Easy one, right click on the taskbar, click properties, start menu, customize, advanced, click clear list

this was all he was really asking. hey warez you got that new xp yet? tracking is disabled automatically, so you won't even see stuff like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom