The Right CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedAcpu

Daemon Poster
I currently have a crappy 533 mhz Pentium 3 so I figure its time for an upgrade.

I am trying to build a computer that will be able to run all the new games and games coming out in the future. I have every part picked out for my computer but I am stuck on what CPU to get. I want to spend around $200 and no more then $250.

Most of the new games coming out reccomend that you have a 2.4 ghz processor. I've noticed that You can get a 3 ghz Intel processor for less than a 2.4 ghz AMD processor. Many people here say that a 2.4 ghz AMD processor runs better then a 3 ghz Intel processor.

So what I want to know is what is better for gaming. Like a 3 ghz+ Celeron D or P4 or a 2.4 ghz AMD. Would the AMD run games that recomend 3 ghz smoothly? Which cpu is a better value?

Thanks.

AMD 3200+ runs at 2.0ghz but is comparable to a P4 3.2ghz. Ghz mean nothing anymore. AMD uses its clock cycles more efficently therefore using a lower clock speed to do the same and an intel at a higher one.

It recommends that you have a 2.4ghz or comparable processor. An AMD 2400+ would fall into that category and runs at 1.83ghz or so i think.

SHAWN said:
It recommends that you have a 2.4ghz or comparable processor. An AMD 2400+ would fall into that category and runs at 1.83ghz or so i think.
A 2400+ runs at 1.6GHz :) but uts just as fast if not faster than a 2.4ghz p4

So what exact processor would you suggest for me. I'm looking the cheapest one that will be capable to run all the latest games and ones coming out within the next year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom