Gaming computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzer747

Beta member
Hi, I bought my son a gaming computer, and have everything in place, but when I try to use a CD or any CD it does nothing at all. What could this be, and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

Alright well you are a little vague there, are you trying to install windows? If so then go into the BIOS by pressing a key (it usually says when u start the computer what key to enter setup or something along those lines). Find a place where it says boot order in the BIOS, you may have to look around if you are unfamiliar with your BIOS. Set the first device to boot to be your cd drive, then save and reboot your comp with the cd in and it will go into the setup.

If after you've done that and it doesnt boot then it means somethings wrong with the drive, make sure its plugged in right.

My description was pretty vauge so i will be more specific. When i load up it comes to a screen that says my processor name and has two options one to go into BIOS and one to do an Xpress recovery. When i try either nothing happens and i have tried 3 diffrent keyboards and thats not the problem.

well when u went into the BIOS, did u anything? if u r tryin to install windows, go into the BIOS and set the 1st boot priority to CD-ROM

U sure there's nothing wrong with your system? It could be your cd-rom or the system doesn't recognize the cdr-rom so it doesn't recognize your drive.

Sure you cant get into BIOS by pressing the delete Key then making it boot from the CD before it boots from the Harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom