is there anyway to get aoe3 to utilize the 2nd core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble AoE3 to run under a 64 bit OS much less use the second core how are you doing it?

I dont understand why someone cant just make a mini program that breaks everything send to the CPU into two parts.. its prolly not even possible and since i know nothing about how a CPU works its not possible by a longshot.

You will need a 64 bit OS to split the workload between two cores since AoE3 is not multi threaded itself you will have to set AoE to one core and everything else to the other core using Processor Affinity.

This mostly explains the benefets of using dual core but it also has sections on moving to a 64 bit operating system and the advantages of gaming on dual core using the 64 bit operating system, scroll to the middle.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85059

edit: I have actually made a screen shot for AoE3 and setting it up for both cores to utilize in the gaming section.

Thats weird, I have a venice 3000+ and Aoe3 isn't that much of a framey mess lol. Maybe its your video card.

septoid2 said:
Thats weird, I have a venice 3000+ and Aoe3 isn't that much of a framey mess lol. Maybe its your video card.
Could be that or the processor since AoE3 only requires a 64meg card and other basic features I suspect it's the processor but I could be wrong.

septoid2 said:

what card do you have and at what settings do you run the game?

BFG 7800 GT OC

Your video card is more than enough. It only requires 64 megs and not many other features.

Tyler1989 said:
BFG 7800 GT OC

Your video card is more than enough. It only requires 64 megs and not many other features.

what kind of cpu at what frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom