How Cant I Run Bf2? Ppl Whats Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8boarder1414

Baseband Member
Ok i got BF2 I got my Geforce 6600 GT installed with the drivers that prompted me for bf2 so im supposing those were correct.. i got 512 MB ram and a 3.0 HT processor and yet it wont even open battlefield.. i got the 1.02 patch for battlefield 2 would that affect why it wont open BF 2 because thats the only thing i can think of.. and when i attempt to dl the 1.12 patch it freezes my computer!! IM ****SED I BLEW ****ING 250$ I WANT SOME SHOW FOR MY BUCK! As well it is slow.. and with these specs my comp should not be loaddddding slow and whenever i boot it up it takes a long time.. anyone know of things i can do to speed it up? or take off programs running in my background? i dunno im tired i cant think of this **** anymore.......

alright tell me if you did all 3.....

1. The card is seated snugly.
2. The 4-pin molex AUX power is connected.
3. Your previous display drivers were removed completly (tell me if you had ATI tho)

i got mine for 160$ it was the BF 2 game that added on to the 250$ subtotal price... it was around like 230 or sumthing anyways.. I'm not sure what the 4-pin molex is really could u explain? I've snuggly placed the card in cause then my screen woulddnt be on and I'm most likely sure i uninstalled alll drivers onmy radeon 9250 PCI 256 MB card ............ i was looking around on sites and it said the card needs a 350 minimum power watt supply and i havea 300 watt supply.. is that the reason for ALLLL of my lagginess and why the like card doesnt work....but as well that woulddnt make sense cause i was playing BF 2 yesterday why all of a sudden now it wont load BF2? **** im so confused

You're doing a pretty good job of confusing us too. The molex connecter is only if youtr 6600GT is AGP, if its the PCIE version, it doesn't need anything plugged into the card. Having a weak power supply like you do could be part of the problem. Where did you pay $70 for BF2 anyway? I would do a fresh install of the game to make sure its not that. Also, if you wan to, uninstall the drivers for the video cards, and use driver cleaner to clean up what ever is left of the ATI and Nvidia drivers that could be on your computer, then install the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom