Running Sata and Eide at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1000

In Runtime
yay another problem:(

k, so i have this 60 gb harddrive out of my old comp and its a EIDE western digital caviar and i wanted to use it for files, downloads, and video editing storage, and when i got it all hooked up and loaded windows, it didnt show in my computer, i tried with it the jumpers on slave, master, and master w/slave all of them didnt show in bios or windows. any ideas? thanks.;)

did you try it without the jumpers? The ide didnt show up right? make sure its hooked up right, might be bad. Are you sure your os is on the sata drive and not vice versa? can you see them both in disk management?

yea the drive is good. The os is on the sata. and i cant see the eide drive in device manager.ill check the connections

the connections are fine, any chance that the cable is bad?

it maybe not recognizing your hardrive because it's old. If u make a older computer then put your hardrive in u havea bigger chance of getting your info on another drive to your new computer.

:D i got it, i used a different cable and i changed the jumper to slave. now it works, thanks for the help

k, now there are some stubborn files that wont get off for some reason, how can i reformat the drive while im still in XP, when i right click and format in my computer it doesnt work. what do i do?

START > CONTROL PANEL > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS

COMPUTER MANAGEMENT > STORAGE > DISK MANAGEMENT

Right click on the HDD you want to format and select format.

Follow the prompts to complete the format.

boot from your xp cd and delete it there and create a new ntfs partition. hit quick format, as soon as it get done formatting. eject the cd (when it start to copy files). it it will say setup can't continue. hit f3 to exit. then head back to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom