Direct X 10 | Shader 4.0 = All Current Video Cards not good enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm now the windows UI will be usable on DX9 if I read correctly. Well, I guess I'll get one 7800GT and wait till DX10 is out how well it runs. If it's ok then I'll nab another 7800GT, other wise I'll use the extra x16 slot and buy a DX10 card. Then I guess I'll have to dual boot XP and vista... least I'll be able to play old and new games from the same tower.

It would make them loose money to FORCE you into using DX10 considering most games wont run from that version of windows. doesnt make much sense to me, but thats microsoft for ya.

Why are you all assuming that no game runs under Vista it's just the opposite in fact more games run under Vista than XP and they run better in Vista using it's utilization of RAM, using the ability to shut down uneeded resources, The Game Explorer, and other features in the Premium Edition.

JoshSB said:
It would make them loose money to FORCE you into using DX10 considering most games wont run from that version of windows. doesnt make much sense to me, but thats microsoft for ya.

Yeah, as I've read, this is to boost Xbox360 sales by driving all but the die-hard PC fans away from PC gaming.

BandwidthHogg said:
Yeah, as I've read, this is to boost Xbox360 sales by driving all but the die-hard PC fans away from PC gaming.
Thats what I'm thinking as well. But there is one fatal problem in their plan. I won't be buying vista :)

003 said:
Thats what I'm thinking as well. But there is one fatal problem in their plan. I won't be buying vista :)

Then you won't be gaming, unless the game developers choose NOT to jump on the Vista bandwagon immediately. If they do, they will have to include two editions of their games, one for XP and the other for Vista.

SO GAMES LIKE NFS MW, that i have wont work on Vista?!? so much for getting vista then, i will just be happy w/xp pro OR get another hdd for vista maybe.....:/ and vista hasta have a special kinda grafix card???? BILL GATES, GET A LIFE

BandwidthHogg why don't you stop telling people gaming is terrible on Vista and prove my post explaining why gaming on Vista is great with the exeption of DX10.

Well, new games will be good on Vista. Current games will be emulated, much like DOS games are with XP therefore will have highly degraded performance. Thats why I am going to keep my current machine complete for playing current games. Then I will play new DX10 games on my Vista machine when I build it.

Microsoft's decision to cut backwards compatability is going to be good in the long run, its just going to make for a rough transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom