$160 + PII = Uber budget gaming comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha... Ok so I've figured that between the 3 of you, you all are people I should take advice from. So which is better? the Aspire of the Tt?

Same price, but the Aspire is a 500watt, so i'd rather go w/ that one, but I've heard Aspire psu's are bad, so would the Tt be better?

Hah I'm confused.

But ya, I asked at a different fourm before this and people kept telling me to buy a prebuilt socket A comp :/
I'd love to make him buy a s939 board, but it's just too much to spend at one time to get a working computer.

Hmm I do have a $50 gift card to frys tho... they wouldn't happen to be running a deal on a s939 G6100 board?

Remember the fortron is still a strong psu. Just because it's 400W doesn't mean it doesn't outperform 500w's

The Aspire has 2 +12v rails, look carefully.

Aspire is generally regarded as all flash and blah performance, but you can't go wrong with 36A.

Ahh ya, I saw that but didn't know what to think of it. Guess that means the Aspire is better by quite a bit.

Im gonna say yes if it does have to rails. (not taking the time to look so im taking yalls word for it) BTW 3700 is a good deal but to much for his budget PC. At least for 200 he can get a 3500+ 939 and mobo.

Ok, finally got my dad to order.

Order- (from Mwave, never used them decided to try them cause of a bundle and I'll likely be getting my proc from them)

Sempron64 2800
Biostar G6100 mobo
512mb value ram
(Gettin FarCry 64 free ;) )

From Newegg-
ThermalTake 430watt psu (the Aspire's rebate expired yesterday
:angry:

For my comp,
OCZ 520watt Mod Stream PSU

Total was about $330 :confused: Hope he pays me back soon ;)

Lol.. so this is kinda my first 'complete' build. I figured I'd do this before I jumped onto something like the my comp, which I'll be getting round end of january :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom