Direct X 10 | Shader 4.0 = All Current Video Cards not good enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
I'm going through some worries... Bought a nice 7800 GTX (regreting not getting 7800 GT) and now i learn Vista require Direct X 10 which supports Shader 4.0. I'm aware that the 7800 Series supports shader 3.0 and Direct X 9. Will the 7800 cards be cabable of using Direct X 10 and Shader 4.0 in 6 months time?

I do not want to go through Evga's step up program on a new card!

ah but it will from what I'm hearing from the developer communities as well as members from TF. Though I find it odd I never knew about this before having tested Vista since the begining myself.... Regardless are todays cards able to run DX10

why are u worry? what 1 game is goona be dx10 when it comes out? just like sm3 and other technologies.

true but if no card on todays market supports DX10 and thats all that is supported in Vista you will run into a problem I'm sure not many want to use the emulated DX9.

source

Instantiating a Direct3D 10 hardware device requires Direct3D 10-capable graphics hardware with a Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver. As of the release of this Technology Preview, such hardware is not publicly available.

You can run Direct X 9.0c on cards that were made back in 1995, i think they will be able to handle DX 10

Windows Vista is going to mean a new PC for anybody who wants to continue gaming. The 7800GTX will run Windows Vista alright, but don't expect good performance in games. You will need a DX10 card. I plan on keeping my current system completely intact for my current games being as DX9 games wont work with Windows Vista.

Stick w/ XP until unbuggy windows and hardware comes out. Maybe this will be one of those Windows ME where everybody skips it cause its not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom