Serial ATA hardrive setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reqlis

Solid State Member
I, for some reason, have never used a SATA hardrive before. I was wondering if i needed some floppy or something to setup a single sata hardrive or not. Can i just hit F6 when i set up windows or do I need to run a setup floppy. Im not doing a raid setup just a single drive. Any help for the idiot would be nice.

Whenever you are installing windows, a prompt will come up that says "Insert floppy and press F6 to install SATA or RAID drivers". Press F6 there and follow the setup installation instructions as you normally would to install windows.

what's up wid all these sata drivers. i didn't have to install any SATA drivers for installing windows on my sata hard drive. even on my old motherboard.

well, when i installed windows i got a different prompt that says "Press F6 to install SCSI or RAID drivers..." but i ddin't have to do anything

sometime you need to, sometime you dont, I didnt have to either bit on other system, i needed to use either the floppy or slip them install an install of XP using Nlite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom