Change partition letter to the default letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
I know you cant but you can if there was a different drive and not the master drive that the os is on

I tried it before on a partition that I wan't using. it wouldn't move it

zillah said:
EricB,,both partitions have got OS,,,Deletin partition means delete one OS,,,,,,Do I need to delete one OS ?

yes or it will reference every as D drive. you can use Partition Magic's drive mapper you can change it, but it is too complicated this way

you boot with the PM disc. you hide the C drive. you then move D to C. use drive mapper to change all references to C from D

yes or it will reference every as D drive. you can use Partition Magic's drive mapper you can change it, but it is too complicated this way
Is the answer "Yes" to delete partition or for hiding,,,or your mean hide is same as delete ?

you boot with the PM disc. you hide the C drive. you then move D to C. use drive mapper to change all references to C from D
I have to hide first partition and change the letter for the second.

Then I have to hide the second partition and change the letter for the first ,,,,then I can boot to any one of them with any problem?

zillah said:
Is the answer "Yes" to delete partition or for hiding,,,or your mean hide is same as delete ?

I have to hide first partition and change the letter for the second.

Then I have to hide the second partition and change the letter for the first ,,,,then I can boot to any one of them with any problem?

1.delete
2. yes

1 and 2 are different ways of doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom