Windows Media Center V.2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its onboard, the mobo is GIGABYTE GA-K8N Pro-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD64. i think im done for the night, ill continue this session in the morning. Im going to try to put xp home on and then upgrade it to MCE. thanks for the help.

MCE is XP pro with service pack 2 already installed. you have a full version. you boot from the 1st cd and install windows. halfway through the process it ask for the 2nd cd, put it in. then it ask for the 1st cd. put it in.

when you are done install whatever drivers are left with your mobo cd

dude ^^^^^ if it was that easy...

im having this same problem, glad i used search, my friend put MCE on my brand new computer, and when i got it back from him he told me he skipped some files during installation so it might not work right, and sure enough when i install my mobo driver cd it installs everything except the yukon ethernet blah blah, so i have no internet.

i try to repair to see what its missing and when i do it it says file "mcghtil.exe"(soemthin like that) is needed, please put in windows sp2(it says nothing about a disk 1 or 2) so i skip the file cause i have no clue what to do, well after i try every cd and my mobo 1 and they dont work. when it finishes it restarts and my computer doesnt start and i start in safe mode so i try repair again when i get to the missing file again it says the same thign except insert windows xp professional disk 2, WTF is wrong with MCE how can MS sell this garbage of a OS?

well my comp is still unable to laod regularly and i want to format my hdd and do it instead of repairing but i cant find otu how, when i try to reinstall it it says already partioned, installing over a old os might cause problems(somethign like that)

:((

he should have inserted the second disc when he was ask to.

that's why you are having problems

im gonan try it entirley over again, why do i even give computer stuff to my dumb *** friend, i know as much as him, well kinda, how do you reformat your HDD? in bios? or in my computer?
i tried just setting the MCE cd as primary load and wouldnt let me format it that way for some reason it said ti was already partioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom