Small Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richimself

Baseband Member
Well today me and a couple of my friends started building my new pc. We had everything hooked up and were fighting with it to turn on, eventually we moved some plugs and it spontaneously started. We got into the BIOS menu and all that and then left to go to my friends house to get WinXP(we turned the comp off before doing so). When we came back.. the comp won't start, we fought with it for a good hour and a half and still nothing, I'm fairly certain if anything is messed up with the hardware it must be the mobo, but i'd like any opinions from you guys as to what the problem could be.

P.S.- i ruled out the power supply being the culprit after reinstalling the old hardware and it ran fine.

Can't help you out. I had a problem of some sorts with my first machine booting up and I had some of the plus and minis's switching on the board.

Could be the polarity of something being the wrong way either usb or power LED`s try switching them around last time mine wouldnt start was because my usb connector to the mobo was in upside down doh!. Also make sure nothings come loose push every wire in firmly.

I've already requested an RMA, when we were trying to get it to work we did just about everything i could think of.. made sure everything was in firmly and switched around the power sw and all that just about any way you could. I just think it's strange that we started to move the wires and it just worked.. I thought maybe it could have been a small little something that we over looked that's why i asked :) thanks for the input.

Yeah i figure we may have broken it :( but we tried it outside of the case as the asus people said to do with just the video card ram and cpu plugged in and no dice... just really hoping nothing went with it if it did short.

run it outside of the case first, see if it runs fine before installing it. This will determine if its grounding/shorting out to the case (metal screws on mbd). You can get plastic sleves to prevent this usually, sometimes though it just wont work in the case.

Ah, well we tried it outside of the case after failing to get it running inside of it, as i said, RMAing tomorrow hopefully they'll fix/replace the board and all will be right with the world :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom