Heatsink Comparison Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Ok here is the deal

I am wanting to get people's inputs on which is the best heatsink/fan for my system since I want to OC (further)

It is very important to have it be as quiet as possible... but I want to OC!! I know I should choose either OCing or silence as my deciding factor but I want both :D

Here are the 3 I am currently looking at:
- Thermaltake big typhoon
- Zalman CNPS9500
- Gigabyte G-Power BL

I have been reading some reviews of them online but I am interested in you knowledgable folks opinions. Also if you think a different heatsink/fan is even better than these 3 please by all means let me know!! :p

Thanks!!

You should get the Thermaltake big typhoon :D, i was reading all about it. Seems good, if you have some decent airflow you might get teh CNPS9500 :D

The big Typhoon is great, but i would recommend this cooler only if you had a side vent since the 120mm fan would be very close to the side panel of your case.

The Zalman CNPS9500 should direct heated air toward the back of your case and out your exahaust fans.

Both of these coolers are great choices and performance is almost identical. So i would pick the cheaper one, the TT Big Typhoon. If you dont have a side vents, maybe drilling some holes might help it perform even better.

Thanx for the input all, I was actually leaning towards the typhoon myself just because they all seem to do very well but it is the cheapest as well as being efficient and quiet. That added to the fact that I have a fan on the side of my fricken huge Antec Performance TX case =)

So should I make the fan on the side of my case exaust or intake? I have 2 intake fans on the front and the big exaust fan in the back and a side fan that I don't know what to do with.

Although I am thinking of selling some of em cause I want this **** computer to be quiet. They are quiet fans but 3 added fans will make any system louder and hopefully if I get the typhoon my system will still run cool.

i have the Gigabyte GPower.. keeps my X2 4400+ @ 2.4 around 29c.

would recommend it to anyone its virtually silent and makes a great blue light in your case.

I have the 9500. I bought it after it was recommended to me on a few forums. I will find out what temps it gets tomorrow when i get my computer up. :D

Either way you go, it will lower your temps quite abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom