Which X2 should i go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own the 4400+ I love it. I know the cache doesn't make much of a difference but...

A simple slight overclock can rise you to 2.4 Ghz with the exact same cache level as the X2 4800+. This means you have the same speed and same cache as the 4800. Again this is a slight overclock and only rised my idle CPU temp by 1-2 C I haven't tested it enough to see it under a stress test I may do so tonight. I think it's great saving you 300 USD right there!

I thought so, I went with the 4400 when i built my system. My opinion is if you have the money you should get it. Thats my 2 cents.

The 4400 has the better core, but they're all pretty good. I'd actually go with an opteron 165 or 170, they're very good dual cores at about the same price and the OC like mad. Tho it's getting harder to find them now.

Get the X2 3800+ and then OC it, save some money and buy some nice OC'ing ram or a better processor.

4400+ and 4800+ are Toledo based, all others you're looking at Manchester. There are rare occurances where you will stumble across a 3800/4200/4600 based on the E6 Toledo where half the cache is broken however these are rare...the majority of these and the technical "official" core of the 4200+ is the Manchester

Yay, I ment that the 4400 is the only one in a reasonable price range that has the toledo. Lol why spen an extra $300 when you can OC the 4400 to a 4800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom