Issues with System Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTriforce

Beta member
I just upgraded my comp recently with a new K8 triton Gigabyte brand motherboard with duel core support. I also have a 128mb nvidia 6800 video card and a AMD 64bit 3000+ processor.

First Initial Setup was fine and actually was playing WoW and BF2 with no problems.

Now for some reason when I start up comp it makes the inital beep sound but the monitor isnt responding. The monitor is fine and all the lights on my comp light up. My cd and Dvd drives both keep flashing as if they are working on something but neither drives have anything in them.

The monitor is not displaying anything but black screen and the power light is blinking as if waiting for me to move the mouse.

I cant even get to Bios setup to double check all my settings. My friend helped me initially setup all my motherboard settings but something seems to be wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

If not should i just try to resetup my comp?

It sounds like it will either be your CPU, RAM or Graphics Card. Try swapping each of those components one at a time with another computer, and troubleshoot which one it is.~

TMT.

Yes fresh XP install. Basically a new comp really. Just swappin parts.

Well i forgot to mention i only have 1gig of ram.

I cant remember exact brand. I remember its 2x512 (Nitro with copper plating on it is all I remember here from work)

I want to get another gig of ram.

I also have a 460w power supply.

Which do you guys think it is going to be most likely?

Motherboard , Processor or Vid card?

make sure you reseat the memory, that will be the fastest soluton first then you need to go one by one throughout the system hardware wise.

Warez Monster said:
make sure you reseat the memory, that will be the fastest soluton first then you need to go one by one throughout the system hardware wise.

Should I just uninstall ram and reinstall?

and would you reccomend i get more ram asap?

UberTriforce said:
Should I just uninstall ram and reinstall?

and would you reccomend i get more ram asap?

Yea uninstall the ram from add/remove in the control panel and then reinstall it. :)

I'm messin with ya, just take it out, and then reseat it, if you have more than 1 stick, use just one stick, to see if one is bad.

Thanks bud.

I didnt think about trying one stick of ram at a time.

I tried that and now the computer wont even make the inital beep sound on system startup. The system still isnt shutting down randomly but the monitor is still sitting on standby. Im going to try swapping to my old video card when i get home. I really think my bud messed something up when he changed one of my BIOS settings. When i get home i will write down all my exact specs and post them here. I really want to find out what piece of hardware is causing this problem.

From what I posted earlier what piece would you think is going to be the issue for this?

Have you tried setting your bios back to default or re-setting the cmos jumper? What exactly did he do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom