First 3Dmark05 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney

Solid State Member
Ok this is the first time I've ever ran a 3dmark05 test.

My Specs...
AMD X2 4800+ Toledo
ASUS A8N32-SLI
2GB OCZ Titanium
eVGA 7800GTX KO

My results..

General Information
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 9.0c

Mobo Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Mobo Model A8N32-SLI-Deluxe

AGP Rates (Current/Available) N/A / N/A

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 2411 MHz

FSB 200 MHz

Memory 2048 MB

Display Information
Graphics Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX

Driver Name NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX

Driver Version 8.1.9.4

Driver Status Non WHQL - Not FM Approved

Video Memory 256 MB

Core Clock 529 MHz

Memory Clock 1305 MHz

Benchmark Settings
Program Version 3DMark05 Revision 2 Build 0

Resolution 1024x768@32 bit

Anti-Aliasing None

Texture Filtering Optimal

Vertex Shader Profile 3_0

Pixel Shader Profile 3_0

Force Full Precision Off

Disable DST Off

Disable Post-processing Off

Force Software Vertex Shaders Off

Color Mipmaps Off

Repeat Count Off

Main Test Results
3DMark Score 8631 3DMarks

CPU Score 5955 CPUMarks

Detailed Test Results

Game Tests
GT1 - Return To Proxycon 37.6 fps

GT2 - Firefly Forest 26.3 fps

GT3 - Canyon Flight 41.5 fps

CPU Tests
CPU Test 1 2.7 fps

CPU Test 2 5.8 fps

Feature Tests
Fill Rate - Single-Texturing N/A

Fill Rate - Multi-Texturing N/A

Pixel Shader N/A

Vertex Shader - Simple N/A

Vertex Shader - Complex N/A

Batch Size Tests
8 Triangles N/A

32 Triangles N/A

128 Triangles N/A

512 Triangles N/A

2048 Triangles N/A

32768 Triangles N/A

I scored a 8631 and I was wondering if this was typical for my setup? I want the most out of this system without OC'ing. If you see any changes I need to make or driver updates, please help and post links. Thanks.

stoney said:
I scored a 8631 and I was wondering if this was typical for my setup? I want the most out of this system without OC'ing. If you see any changes I need to make or driver updates, please help and post links. Thanks.
"Wanting to get the most out of your system without OCing" is sort of an oxymoronic statement. Also, you didn't have to post all that stuff. No one wants to scroll through all that gibberish. That's probably why nobody replied. All you need to post are your specs, your drivers, and your score.

There is a new ForceWare driver out, version 81.98, so you could try downloading that. That score is pretty normal, I think. What's more important is gaming performance, not a test benchmark. But since you have a top-of-the-line card you don't have much to worry about.

I get 7200-7400 regularly out of my 7800GT, seems about right with 1.3K over, in all truth it should be a bout a 5-10 FPS diff betwee nteh two cards.

I was able to hit 8k with my rig

3700 san diego
1gig ocz gold pc4000
eVGA nf4 sli mobo
eVGA 7800gt

but this was with everything oc'd esp my gpu which was running at 530/1250

so if you oc yours
which i wouldnt reccomend after reading what your typing reflects on your computer knowledge./= You probly could hit 10k

1k more i ment, not 1000 just that, or are you talking about the guy up there hehehe.

hey, were you able to get it to 530/1250 by itself, with using the riva tuner, and thats with standard cooling or no?

The reason I wanted to make sure everythink from the mark05 looked normal, is because I'm getting the exact same fps in Americas Army that I got on my old comp. And yes I don't know much about computers so keep the flaming to a minimum.

Old Comp
AMD 3500
1GB Kingston
6600GT 128MB

My old system would always stay around 84 fps and would never go higher and wouldn't fluctuate much either. My new system does the exact same thing. Is this more of a game issue then a comp issue? Could my video cache be set too low?

Dude you are probably running into the normal issues of having to:

TURN OFF VERTICAL SYNC!! lol

That and turn off anti-aliasing

Then it may be a game specific thing for example in counter strike you have to set "developer 1" in console otherwise you can't get fps over 100. With developer 1 turned on and vsync off I can get 500+ fps. With vsync on I was stuck at fps 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom