PSU problem or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello

I have recently brought a new PC, well brought the parts for it and constructed it.

I fried my motherboard somehow about a month ago and so I purchased another one, the MSI K7n2 Delta II platinum.

I started having some problems with it; computer would give blue screen of death about every 2 days.

It wasnt that major but I couldnt fix the problem.

I purchased a 300gig SATA seagate drive the next week and the problems started getting worse.

I found out that I didnt have enough thermal paste on the processor and that was causing the problems.

When ever I add new hardware ie lighting mods my computer crashes but when ever I take the lighting mods out it seems to be okay.

This is is the only problem I am having now.

I have a 500watt psu; shouldnt that be enough to run all my componants plus a few little lights, it wont even run on extra light that I put on.

Thanks
pcfite.gif

Yes, 500 watts is plenty for what you are running. However that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with it. Do you have an extra PSU laying around that you can test ?

no but my mother in law is a computer tech and we will be going to her shop today to pick up a tv capture card (i hope it works lol)

I am sure they have a spare psu lying around the shop :)

I am only running....

1 fan controller
3 case fans
1 X 160 gig sata
1 X 300 gig sata
1 X dvdrw
1 X floppy
1 X UV cold cathode lighting
1 X 500 watt PSU
2 X 512mb ddr ram

my PSU is a Crystal 500W All Clear Acrylic Quiet Dual Fan Blue LED Glow P4/AMD ATX Power Supply.. any one had problems with them?

OKay my computer just crashed again.

Just before it crashes it always makes a funny noise.. not sure where the noise is coming from but its kinda a sqeaky noise; might be from the new hard drive but I have run tests on it and the harddrive is clear.

It comes up with "KERNAL IN_PAGE_STACK_ERROR"

STOP 0x0000077
0xC0000185 (0x0000185, 0x00000000, 0x038c3000)

this is starting to annoy me lol.

I have heard that kearnal inpage error is something to do with the pagefile or ram?
I have dome tests on the ram and they are all good but today I have gone back to standard formation instead of dual hoping this will fix the problem but I dont think it will.

Could be my motherboard or harddrive but it always happens after I install new hardware... damit.

Yes, it could be the pagefile to memory issue. It could also be a virus in your MBR. You need to access your error logs to find out which device is causing this error.

• View the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that help you determine the device that is causing the error.
• Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.
• If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.
• If the I/O status code is 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A, this normally indicates that the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad block.
• If you can restart your computer after the error message, Autochk runs automatically and tries to map out the bad sector. If for some reason Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually start the disk scanner. If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system, run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.
• Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.
• Verify that all the adapter cards in your computer are properly seated.
• Ensure that all adapter card contacts are clean.
• Disable system caching in the BIOS to see if this resolves the error.
• If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard (motherboard) may be damaged.

which error files do you mean?

I have looked in the system event viewer and there is nothing there from today. :(

I have a server installed on my computer utilising the pagefile to put on my website the system uptime.. could this maybe the problem.. come to think of it; problems started when I installed the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom