Crashing in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex843

Beta member
My Computer crashes in games and one time in 3d mark requiring a reboot every time. Half-life 2 and counter strike source will only last about hour or so before crashing, same thing with doom 3.

3800+ x2 overclocked to 2.6 1:1
2 GB mushkin eXtreme Performance DDR 500
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
eVGA 7800 GT OCÂ’d to 491 and the memory to 1.20
Windows XP home SP 2

I have the latest drivers and updates and everything including the OS.

I think the problems are overclocking related. I lowered the overclock to 2.4 which under clocks my ram to 240 as apposed to its factory defaults of 250. Same problems as before. I find it hard to believe that cpu being overclocked a mere 400 MHz is the cause for all my problems, but it maybe. I upped the voltage on the cpu to 1.40 V and the Voltage on the ram to 1.9 V. So I donÂ’t think itÂ’s a voltage problem, my cpu even under full load never goes above 40 C, and idles at about 32 C, The ram doesnÂ’t go much above 40 either. The Video card temperate maxes out at about 50 C. So its not a temperature problem.

Any ideas of what my problem is here? Or is there any overclocking options that im missing that lead to system instability

Well it looks like i have fixed it, i changed the AA & AF settings from apilicaton controll to user defined, so i could test the results in 3d Mark.
I changed it back to aplication controlled and started playing HL 2 anyway to see if it made a differece even though i had them set to the same settings both ways of 4 AA ans 8 AF, some how this makes the game a whole lot smoother, and no crashing was so ever, i played for two hours and no interferance.

I hope someone else who has this problem can learn from what i have done to fix this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom