ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfl2k22

Beta member
yesterday I suspected my neighbor had been downloading large files on my wireless. after confronting the neighbor about the issue, i found out he downloaded some web creator software and "the ip was recorded" according to him (i suppose he tried to register it and they caught him). i already knew he was using my internet for email (we are friends), but i didnt know he was doing anything illegal or downloading large files. i have since blocked him, but now i'm worried about legal action for his stupidity.

should i expect this to be taken to court? the software company has my IP, whats stopping them from coming down on me for his actions?

let me know what you think

:(

Good to hear, I never thought I'd have to worry about something like this, but I really hope nothing becomes of it. thanks

The worse they can do is report the issue to your ISP. Then you're ISP might make an inquiry or they might not. Repeated reports might prompt you're ISP to take action.

Ok, I think you are fine, so much piracy and copyright infringment happens, that they are not going to go after each individual case, the court systems are flooded as it is.

And just because you are in a different country does not mean they cannot do anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom