What cooling do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDurante

Beta member
I am building a PC. My plan so far is to go with...

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800
Seagate Barracuda SATA 250GB HD
Antec Sonata II Case w/ 450w PSU
ABIT AN8 ATX AMD Mobo
Patriot Dual Channel (2x512MB), 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis Video Card

What kind of Cooling Fan/Heatsink should I put in? I am looking for something quiet and something that will fit well in my case.

And let me if you have any other suggestions/mods I should make to my plan here...

Thanks

I'm not entirly sure but I'd like to think the fans that come with the case, processor, and video, ram card are enough. Each product came with it's cooling device correct?

If you want cool and quiet id look into zalman's 7700 alcu

it comes with a fan speed controller and keep the cpu cool at all speeds.

if you are not overclocking...the stock heatsink....even overclocking a little id still use the stock heat sink as long as you have some good case flow you shouldnt have to worry

aspire.comptech said:
If you want cool and quiet id look into zalman's 7700 alcu

Yeah, but make sure you check the Zalman website to verify that it's compatible with your motherboard. The HS flower is huge. Many people have had problems with the size. It normally blocks something like dimm slots. Just double check.

If that doesn't fit, go with the Zalman 7000

The main reason to upgrade your cooling is for overclocking. People want the maximum OC for their products :D. Or they hate the loud noise of the stock heatsink. Like everyoen else said, Zalman makes great quiet products :)

I would recommend the Scythe Ninja with a quiet 120mm fan of your choice. The 120mm Tricool exhaust fan might be close enough to act as push-pull configuration with the 120mm on the heatsink. Not sure what your price range is but a ninja with 120mm fan will cost about 45-50 bucks.

Just letting you know, I got the ninja and it is a beast, it is big and somewhat bulky but cant wait to try it out, just make sure it fits in your case, because it is big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom