MotherBoard keeps dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevFromNy

Baseband Member
Hi, I put a new Asus P4PE mother board in my computer about a month ago because the previous one stopped working . It was getting power but ther was no post beep or any picture on the screen, it just kept saying no signal. When I put the new board in the power supply didnt work so I replaced that and it was back to normal. A month later the power supply stopped I changed that again and now I have the same problem with the motherboard. Its not getting a post beep and the screen keeps saying no signal. Is there a reason this is happening and can I do something about this.

Kev...
Sounds like you have an elec. 'short'...... since you lost your mobo and powersupply(P/S).
1. Verify your mobo is insulated from the case..... check the standoff posts.
2. Remove Video card..... look for bent/broken pins.
3. Check P/S voltages as you add accessories back in.

John...

I was just told that the room that the computer is in has a little electrical problem since its only an extension recently built on the house. You can not have to many things on in there at one time, so would a surge protector for the computer help?

Kev...
Well that's definitely a problem. .... you will trip the 'circuit breaker' if you overload the line. You can't draw 20amps. from a 15amp circuit.
Get a "Surge protector".
But I still think you have a 'short' in your computer.
Verify your 'mobo' is not shorted to the case.
Measure your P/S voltages.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom