Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richimself

Baseband Member
Alright i've been looking around all day and still don't really have the answer i've been looking for. My parts arrived today and i got a new cpu, psu, mobo, ram and graphics card, i intend on salvaging my HDD and case, i need to know whether or not i can install all this new hardware without reformatting or not. Also what i'll need to remove if (hopefully) i do not have to reformat, i'm going from nvidia to ati so i know i'll need to uninstall the nvidia drivers but is there anything else i need to remove?

Yes you will have to reformat and reinstall windows. The easiest way is just to back up what you need (music, files etc.) on some cd's or dvds and just put them on after the format.

i need to know whether or not i can install all this new hardware without reformatting or not.

No. You'll have to reinstall everything.

Also what i'll need to remove if (hopefully) i do not have to reformat, i'm going from nvidia to ati so i know i'll need to uninstall the nvidia drivers but is there anything else i need to remove?

Back up any media files or documents on your hard drive that you want to save. I recommend you download and run Belarc Advisor (http://belarc.com/free_download.html), and print out the results. That will give you a hardcopy of every program on your hard drive.

Since you will be formatting/reinstalling your OS, you won't have to worry about cleaning out the old video drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom