Best mobo for AMD XP 2500+ 333fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkey29

Beta member
I am looking to upgrade and have been looking for a good mobo, I thing the nforce is the best current chipset. As such I like the ABIT NF7-S V2. Does anyone have any thoughts for or against? And if against what would be a better board?

I plan to overclock so I will be getting DDR3200.

Thanks

yes that is a good board. make sure you choose quality memory like corsair XMS. FYI it is PC3200 which is DDR400

turkey29 said:
Thanks.

Also, is it better to have 1 stick of 512MB or 2 stick of 256MB each?

It all depends. If you want to use the DDR setup (some say the gains are invisible, still, I won't start a debate here.), so if you wan't this setup, 2 sticks of 256 (or 512) DDR approved RAM could do (if mb supports it). Usually, the lesser stick, the better. Probably you won't notice the difference with DDR, but I'll let you choose.

Other great mobos suggestions:

Many Asus's A7N8X based mb's are good choices (got my A7N8X-E dx for 3 days now, pretty much satisfied).
The DFI LanParty NFII seems really good, though more expensive. Never tried it, but read some positive reviews.
ABIT's NF7 one are pretty good too. The choice of many Athlon users, can't go wrong here.

Try and read about them on some review sites, and study their features. Many things aren't thought of when shopping mb's by most people. (number of USB ports, capacitors beside the CPU socket preventing bigger heatsinks, etc).

Have fun shopping! :cool:

Dude go with the GiGabyte nforce 2 ultra 400 pro 2 or the dfi lan party bord or the aOpen Nforce 2 ultra 400 all great bords best out of all chipsets stay away from VIA and SIS

Actually, I would go with the Abit AN7.

I have this board, and it's awesome. You can't go wrong, and you can find it on the internet for around $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom