Acer 56x CD-Rom Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateu

Beta member
Hello,

I recently installed Windows XP on my pc and after doing so my Acer 56x CD-Rom does not work correctly. To get a disk to work or load you must put the disk in the drive and then restart the pc and then everything is fine but if you take that disk out and put another one in you need to restart the pc for it to load. If I put a disk in it acts like it will load the disk it reads it but it will never auto load and if you go into My Computer and double click on the CD-Rom drive it gives you this error: "Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows". But like I said if I restart then it is fine until I put in another disk. Any help or suggestions please?

PC:
AMD 1.3 GHz
256 MB Ram
Acer 56x CD-Rom
Windows XP

Thanks,
Nate

i think this could be related to service pack 1. do you have it installed or any of the windows updates? it also could be from doing an upgrade instaead of a fresh full install after format.

It was a fresh install of XP that I did, I formatted the drive before doing the install. I had Nero Burning Rom and InCD software for my burner installed and I think that is causing the problem due to I uninstalled it and now the CD-Rom works fine. So I'm going to try upgrading Nero from version 5.5 to 6 and install InCD 4 and see what happens. Will post again if any further problems with the install of version 6.

Thanks much for all of your help and ideas,
Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom