Video Card Installation Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiveTurkey

In Runtime
This isn't about after installation, this about actually installing it. I have a BFG 6200OC AGP, and it says I need to uninstall the drivers. Won't that spontaneously shut down my system, or something? If it does that, how do I get it to work again? I've got the part about actually putting it in, I'm just really afraid I'll screw up my computer. What do I need to do to uninstall those drivers and install new ones?

Assuming you only uninstall the current graphics card's drivers, and not other drivers, I don't think it would shut down your system. The most that would happen is that you'd get an ugly, big display. If you mess it up, or just don't want to uninstall the drivers or something, you could always reinstall windows and redo all your drivers.

if u r tryin to uninstall the current graphic card drivers, just boot into safe mode and uninstall it. it's the safest way and no u don't have to reformat ur hard drive

Your operating system includes default drivers(if it comes to it you can repair the default drivers from your install disk without the need to reinstall the op); you can safely uninstall your video drivers, your settings should drop back to your basic resolution using the vga drivers, if you are having an issue with video drivers and need to reinstall them, it is common practice to uninstall the old ones, to save a hastle, download the driver bundle you will be installing first before removing the old one.

JiveTurkey said:
Wouldn't that format my hard drive or something?

yes, it would. but it is an option to consider, just make sure you are prepared for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom