How much can you overclock the Barton 2500+ with this mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
What mobo?????!?!?!?!

How much can you overclock the Barton 2500+ with MSI nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "K7N2 Delta-L . Well, like 512 Corsair RAM, if that matters, don't worry about the cooling...

Thanx:D

Why do you want to overclock it?... I did that accidentally with an Athlon 1900 and it screwed up my performance lol

duh, that's the whole point of getting a barton 2500+. It overclocks like... Did you screw up your processor on MSI nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "K7N2 Delta-L or a different one?

pc_boy these are simple overclocks you can try. if you get a OS error back down 0.5 multiplier. generally you tweak FSB, but these should be decent:

cpu external frequency: 200
multiplier: 10.5 if ok try 11.0

I don't have the computer yet. I am building one and I don't know what mobo to get because I am planning on overclocking to at least 3000+. If the MSI can overclock to 3000+ or more, then I will get that one. Right now, I don't know what mobo to get, I don't want a really expensive one. That MSI is 72 bucks so I thought that is pretty good if it could overclock to 3000+. If you think you can help me on getting a mobo I will really appreciate it. If yo need to know the other parts, ask me.

Thanx

3000+ is an easy OC for almost any board. for that set

multiplier 10.5 and FSB 200 or
multiplier 12.5 and FSB 166

both result in 2.1Ghz which is equivalent XP3000+, i use the mult 10.5 & FSB 200 setting on my A7N8X DLX mobo.

Re: What mobo?????!?!?!?!

pc_boy said:
How much can you overclock the Barton 2500+ with MSI nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "K7N2 Delta-L . Well, like 512 Corsair RAM, if that matters, don't worry about the cooling...

Thanx:D

There's no exact science in overclocking. Two CPUs running the same hardware may not have the same overclocking limits. No CPUs are exaaactly alike, but they tend to follow the same average. But usually, 2500+ Bartons can run 3200+ speeds, without much problems. (by setting the FSB to 200mhz on a locked CPU, if I remember correctly, don't flame if I'm wrong pls!!!) :eek:

what do you mean set the fsb to 200. I thought the barton is a 333 mhz fsb. why would I lower it down? I heard you can move it up to 400 fsb.

you obviously do not understand overclocking basics. external frequency means physical bus. a 200Mhz physical front side bus results in a 400Mhz effective front side bus.

you are actually taking your 333MHz processor FSB and raising it to 400Mhz effective. this is what i was what i was trying to telling you. i replaced the words "cpu external frequency" from first post for the words "FSB" on all other posts because i am too lazy to type :(

please read here for basics of overclocking:
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?threadid=20942

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom