Messenger has encontered a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandar

Solid State Member
This past Friday evening, while searching for freeware voice recording software to test my microphone/headset, I found one on a site that had "Vietnam" on the web page. I downloaded, installed and tested it and everything worked find. I then closed the program, turned off my monitor and went about my business. A couple of hours later, I came back the there was an error reporting message that stated, "Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". I elected to send the notice to Microsoft and closed the message. It reappeared within about 2 minutes. Since then it has driven all of my family crazy.

In an effort to stop this mess, I have done the following and all have been unsuccessful:

Uninstalled the program, used GoBack to send the PC back about seven hours before the problem began, ran WinDoctor in Norton SystemWorks 2003 probably 8 - 10 times, ran Disk Doctor once, unistalled Messenger, downloaded and installed a "clean" Messenger, downloaded DirectX 9.0b again and installed, uninstalled Messenger and reinstalled after doing the 9.0b thing.

Nothing works. Even when there is no trace of Messenger on my PC, the message continues to pop up every 1 to 3 minutes. In the Event View, it gives the following Description:

Faulting application msmsgs.exe, version 4.7.0.2009, faulting module ole32.dll, version 5.1.2.2600.1263, fault address 0x0001213e.

It is so bad, that I cannot run any of my racing sims because the error message pops up constantly requiring me to click it closed and that isn't good. I am aware the this has been an ongoing problem from some other users dating back to early January of this year, but no one has tied it to the installation of any type of software and when GoBack didn't solve the problem I realized I was in deep you-know-what.

Anyone got and answer to this mess?

Thanks in advance.

You have tried restoring your system. It might help........
Also try scan on line......google.....type scan or active scan.......

Best thing is to restore your system.

Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Restore System. I use WinXP so this is how I get to my restoration page.

Try to restore it to before you install that vietnam program or the program that screwed your computer.

Also try to run registry cleaning......................the virus might registered somewhere in your system. So even you uninstall, it might still be there.......so try to regcleaning if possible.........you can get it too from "Google search engine"

use this command to uninstall messenger. r u getting the same message
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

In response to the susggestion of using System Restore, I ran GoBack which is the same thing and it didn't help. I am running IE 6.0 with all the patches, etc. installed. Regarding the script to remove Messenger, does this do a more thorough job than the Add/Remove Programs method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom