System32 Files Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
My question is very simple, but first let me outline the problem.

I was deleting Norton off of my drive and I began by deleting registry and I somehow corrupted or deleted my Windows\system32\config\system file. I'm using a Sony, it's a notebook, and The CDROM drive on it is damaged because the connector off the motherboard snapped. I only have a Hard disc drive. I do however have an external CDROM drive, but it does not work until windows COMPLETELY loads up. I have searched every single possible way to try and get into the BIOS and it seems PCG-Gr370 doesn't even have a bios or sumthing....

Is there anyway to kinda put the files you need onto a disk and and get into windows, sorta like a bypass... Once I do that I can get my USB drive to work.

Cajete said:

I was deleting Norton off of my drive and I began by deleting registry and I somehow corrupted or deleted my Windows\system32\config\system file. I'm using a Sony, it's a notebook, and The CDROM drive on it is damaged because the connector off the motherboard snapped. I only have a Hard disc drive. I do however have an external CDROM drive, but it does not work until windows COMPLETELY loads up. I have searched every single possible way to try and get into the BIOS and it seems PCG-Gr370 doesn't even have a bios or sumthing....

Is there anyway to kinda put the files you need onto a disk and and get into windows, sorta like a bypass... Once I do that I can get my USB drive to work.

did you try safemode? do you have a floppy?

Cajete said:

like I said before, use the ide ribbon from the harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom