Upgrades for $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Present games you should be fine. I am at 2.6ghz on my 3700 sandiego ;( and things play well for me, but if you really want to future proof yourself you may want to upgrade. But I would personally recommend keepin the CPU you have. Although I may just be saying that because I am broke and the thought of having any money sounds good to me.

Games will soon put the dual core processors to use. future games your prolly gonna need a new processor but for now u are fine.

4 gigs wont do anything really, get 2 gigs and a 7800gtx.

If you've got any extra cash over its bonus, no need to blow all the money anyways.

Personally I'd do absolutely nothing, it looks pretty good as is. I'd ride er out until you cant play games on decent settings anymore, thats me though I'm cheap.

Mr_Threepwood said:
4 gigs wont do anything really, get 2 gigs and a 7800gtx.

If you've got any extra cash over its bonus, no need to blow all the money anyways.

we covered that already :p read the thread then post its only 1 page.

OK guys, I've made the difficult decision to *cough* .....stick with the current CPU for a while. After the RAM, GPU, and PSU upgrades... I'll just wait till DirectX 10 and dual-core needy games come our way, and then go to a x2 processor, multi-GPU compatible MoBo, and a pair of good Dx10 cards...if I am financially able to do so. For now, just the 7800GTX, another gig of RAM (Corsair), and the PSU will set me back at least $1000....leaving about $1000 in "life savings" for future upgrades. But knowing me, it'll soon all be spent on games:p

So am I still allowed to call my rig a quasi-UGC? JK...thanks for all the advice.

One question about your ram. Don't you have a different type right now? be sure you can run in dual channel. Other than that sounds good, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom