How should I go about installing 6800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Alright well soon I will be getting this new agp card and Ive gotta change from my 9800 pro to it. The problem I'm gonna have here is drivers so I was thinking that Id do a complete reinstall of windows to keep things fresh. Heres the hard drive situation:

hd 1 has windows and program files on it, it can be formatted since i can reinstall this.

hd 2 has files I dont want to lose on it.

hd3 has files I dont want to lose on it, as well as a copy of Fedore core 4 on it.

When i boot my comp i get a boot menu asking me if i want windows or linux, I want to completely ditch linux and this boot screen, without killing the rest of the stuff on the third hard drive (or is the boot menu on hd1??).

Any suggestions about how I should go about formatting this?

Before you take your 9800pro out uninstall teh drivers then shut down take it out then install your 6800GS. Looks liek your getting a new mobo. So you might as well do a whole system reinstall :confused:

No new mobo, same one. Once again this is the 6800gs AGP version, AGP. So you think i should just uninstall or will there be traces of the old driver even still?

what would happen if you hot swap it(i heard you can swap cards while you pc is running is that true)

No way can you hot swap a video card, also why on earth would anyone want to. I'm not gonne be one to test that out.

There is no 6800GS there will be a 7800GS AGP only but the 6800GS will be PCIE16 only, thats what i heard :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom