Windows XP CD Boot problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olan1Durai said:
To clarify:
EricB, I did install the raid drivers, as I said, that issue was cleared up.

Warez Monster, Apparently the windows upgrade CD has a full installation of Windows XP on it. The reason behind making me put in a previous "full" version of windows is to verify that I am actually "Upgrading". After the program verifies that I have an older windows OS disc, it asks me to replace the upgrade CD and it continues with installation.

Thanks for the help, I am about to reformat again... and install 2000 Pro then upgrade, instead of just using the upgrade cd to install... I'll be back in about... well.. an hour or two.

Understand now....

EricB, At the beginning of the installation, when it told me to press F6, I did so, then I inserted the floppy disc with the appropriate drivers, selected them and continued on with the installation. As I said before, I am not having a problem with my Raided drives, I am having a problem with booting up my PC without a windows OS disc in the drive.

To everyone else, I just reformatted and reinstalled, except this time I installed 2000 Pro, then upgraded to XP. It did not help, the problem persists... I'll try clearing my CMOS or something, maybe that'll help somehow.
Or I'll see if my BIOS is up to date. Would that affect it at all?

On the next reboot I will write out exactly what the error says and I'll post it.. that shouldn't be too long considering my computer is running at 800x600 and I'm used to 1280x1024... gotta get that fixed.

Thanks so far,
Olan

why dont you fdisk and then recreate the partitions, install raid, install 2000 and then upgrade? This will start everything of clean, a format doesnt start you off clean as you might think, fdisk is better

It is fixed. I downloaded a new version of BIOS and flashed my mobo.

... quirky problem... Ohh well, thanks for all the support.

-Olan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom