Wininet.ddl Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeZ

Beta member
When i turn on my computer, a windows XP, and try to log onto my account(or any of them) it says the Wininet.ddl was not found on my computer and it reccommends that to reinstall it. So then I click ok then it logs me onto my account except all it is, is my backround and the only thing i can do is ctrl+alt+Delete. It brings up the box and i tried to go to file then new task to try to run System Restore but there is no selections so i try to guess the file and the error message from the beggining showed up twice then it said no such file existed. So i tried to do it to files i knew existed but the same thing happened. I would please like to know if you could help me and see what i can do to maybe try to redownload it or if i would have to reformat which i would rather not do. Thank you.

go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all, then go back and recheck your antivirus and reboot. If you dont know what to check/uncheck, post a screen shot here and ill tell ya

Well im on another computer so i am unable to send you a screen shot because it was just able to pull up what you told me to while i tried to pull up internet explorer but it wouldn't work

What might have started the problem was that yesterday i got a message from Norton that i had a bloodhound virus and i downloaded a scan but then it said like all my cookies where a threat so i deleted them

Edit: i also forgot to add that somthing called Winhound downloaded itself and apperntly it was a virus scanner but i later deleted it finding it kinda fishy that i didnt do anything and its is on my computer. Also getting me to the point that i noticed it like 4 days ago that this Winhound was on my computer so i System Restored it but when norton says i got this virus it is all of a sudden on my computer again.

how do i do that if it is a program that i have to download i wont be able to do it since i cant go on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom