Am I good to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
llDarkmindll said:
Will that RAM even work with the mobo i have picked being that its not DDR 400 (PC 3200)?
Yes it will. When you buy faster RAM, all it does is guarantee you to be able to overclock it to that speed (250MHz). But most people have been reporting 270+ on it, and for the price, IMO that is a steal.

Ok after a few changes hears where i'm at

I-STAR Nitro Ax S-10000B Black/ Silver Aluminium (front panel) and 1.0mm SECC/SGCC (chassis) ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 1GHz FSB 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card / the one with the copper heatsink :p

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 1.5M Cache IDE Combo Drive

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SOHD-16P9SV

And I'm at or under my buget.:D SWEET!

Looks like i'ma be doing some ordering soon.

why dont you save mony on the gpu ,get the p2-n517 and for the mobo go with asus, i heard that the dfi can kill some parts if something went wrong

no only the DFI expert kills your cpu, all the other DFI boards are fine, and the only asus board that can compare with the DFI boards is the one thats around 220 and that wouldnt save you money

zenyora said:
why dont you save mony on the gpu ,get the p2-n517 and for the mobo go with asus, i heard that the dfi can kill some parts if something went wrong

sorry but i'm not really understanding you. gpu? I am gonna get the P2-n517 card and i'm also gonna stick with the DFI mobo. I've never seen/herd about the DFI boards "killing" parts before.

When you say gpu I think gpu = Ground Power Unit because I work with aircraft. So could you please inform me about that gpu you typed about?

Running said:
no only the DFI expert kills your cpu, all the other DFI boards are fine, and the only asus board that can compare with the DFI boards is the one thats around 220 and that wouldnt save you money

Another good reason why i'm sticking with the DFI.;)

why buy a seperate 20gb hard drive when you could just make a special partition on one of your larger ones?

Shannon said:
why buy a seperate 20gb hard drive when you could just make a special partition on one of your larger ones?

List has been changed at the end of page one. Going with on good sized drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom