Boot problems linked with USB devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varien

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I hope someone amongst you smart fellows can help me out with this one, i'm kinda lost. Right now i'm running an AMD 3000+, gig of OCZ pc3200, Radeon 9800pro (MSI) Here's my board (K8T NEO2-F)My mainboard

The problem i've been having ever since i installed my new mainboard as been during the boot sequence. Basically, i can't have any USB devices plugged into my board or to my extra USB extension ports? I dunno if it's another card or not. But nevertheless, If any USB device at all is plugged in and the computer is booting up it will get past the diagnostic checks and just stop dead. As soon as i unplug the device, Windows loads again. Mind you it seems to load a bit slower and in short spurts, particularly the loading bar under the XP logo. And it sounds like my computer is chugging a bit. Yet once it's in windows it works fine, and up until today I could use USB devices and now they're not registering at all.

I installed my 2.0 drivers and all my other drivers after a recent format, and i have no idea what to do to fix this. But going behind my computer everytime to disconnect and reconnect my mouse on restarts is getting to be a complete pain in the ***. Anyone that could help me with this, please it'd be greatly appreciated.

It honestly can be anything. It doesn't even have to be a device. I could simply have a USB cable plugged into my comp and when i restart it won't load up windows until i yank out that USB cable.

I can't boot with a USB mouse or keyboard either, i have to use a serial (i think) extension on the end of the USB part to even boot up with a mouse plugged in.

I think i may have found it, i installed drivers but in device manager it's saying that there isn't drivers installed for my USB controller.

There's no USB hub attached. And i've tried with ports on my mainboard and on the extra ports from the other USB device in my computer. I apologize for being an utter noob on this stuff, but, i really can't figure this one out. My comp isn't pickingup USB devices, yet when they're plugged in i can't reboot. weird.

Update the USB controller drivers... Just remember that if the "Device" you are using has potential for storage, you will not be able to have it plugged in b/c the lack of OS...
ex : Ipod

Is this gonna solve my problem though? I'm not entirely sure where i would go to do that either. Any links you can suggest? Or does it depend on other variables?

And you mean don't boot up my comp with something like my Creative Zen plugged in?

If you Zen has the lastest firewire that makes it PlayForSure compatible you should be able to boot with your Zen plugged in

I planned on getting that, but i can't even get these drivers installed correctly, i got some drivers for it from MSI's website. But when i installed them, or tried too, i was missing a bunch of files, i found most of them, but i gave up after having to do it about 10 different times, bcause i thought i was ****ing something up..

I kept having to search for each individual file. There has to be another way to install that driver for the USB2.0 host controller? or is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom