Which motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I'm picking up my new motherboard today and I came across this. I wan't to overclock my system, but what board has the best options. The other board im looking at is the MSI K8n Neo-4-F. The only difference I see between the boards physically is on the
DFI is some more SPDIF and raid options. Would it be better to go with the DFI or the MSI?

Both of those boards are good for mild to moderate overclocking due to their low maximum vdimm. I'm pretty sure the DFI only gets 2.8v compared to the 3.2V that you can get out of DFI Lanparty boards. I think the MSI gets about the same vdimm.

But, like I say, unless you are doing some extreme overclocking, both of those mobos are really good. You already seem to be leaning towards the DFI, so go ahead and get your extra options, seeing that they are the same price.

The DFI looks nice, but I've heard and seen more reviews on the MSI board. Ya know what, screw it, I'm going to go with the DFI, I found another board, more options, firewire etc...Same price, plus DFI's are known for their overclockability.

if you're not doing any overclocking, or just want to a little bit. the Foxconn mother board in my sig. is packed with features, it's inexpensive, and it gets great reviews. Look into it

reggie_da_man said:
The DFI looks nice, but I've heard and seen more reviews on the MSI board. Ya know what, screw it, I'm going to go with the DFI, I found another board, more options, firewire etc...Same price, plus DFI's are known for their overclockability.

I figured as much. Just remember, if you are going for that DFI you initially posted, dont think that it is gonna be a mad overclocker like what you always hear about DFI. Like I said, the Lanparty line from DFI is meant for overlclocking, while the one you picked is more run-of-the-mill and isnt meant for big overclocks.

Nonetheless, you likely will not be disappointed by that board:D

So I went to tigerdirect and picked up an MSI neo-4. Reason being is that there are no DFI boards in stock there. I also picked up an athlon 64 3000+ for $148.99, not bad eh? I think i'll be fine with the msi board, i have yet to hear a bad review on it. Thx for all your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom