Cooling Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all,

I have OCed my computer to stable at 2.6 currently and don't really feel like I can go higher because of heating issues. It idles around 37C at the highest it ever gets at max load is 50C. I am on stock heatsink/fan.

I was wondering if I took my stock heatsink/fan out and put some arctic silver 5 on would that allow me to OC much more?

I am basically broke with a $0 budget but I would like to OC more if possible. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Check my sig for my Computer info. Also I currently have another gig of the same ram on its way from New Egg. I was thinking that with 2 gigs I will not be able to reach my current OC so I wanted to get the CPU higher so that a memory divider with my ram wouldn't effect things too much.

I realize I am still a nub at computer hardware and OCing :confused: so all info is greatly apprciated. Also if anyone can give me some good tips on what my cheap azz valueselect ram timings should be at please let me know.

My computer wouldn't work with any memory divider set yet works well when OCed to 240 htt with a 1:1 ratio. With my next gig of ram though I highly doubt that will work for me any more so I was hoping to set a memory divider and I have heard that people have had similar issues due to their ram timings. Thanks all

No my CPU can go further I just don't cause I don't want to cook the thing lol. That added to the fact that I can't really tell how high it goes because I can't set a fricken mem divider.

yes AS5 will help and cool your cpu down. You can alwasy run a mem divider with your cpu :D it not that hard to run one :shocked: MAybe you should start investing in some decent third party heatsink isnetad of wasting your money on such a good processor!

Ok well then do you have any suggestions for a good heatsink/fan that I could throw some AS5 on so that I will be less likely to fry my comp when OCing that a poor slumbich like myself would be able to afford? Also is there even a point in doing all this since i have Corsair ValueSelect cheap-crap ram?

I know I should get some good ram but I am completely out of money and just ordered another gig of it so getting different stuff is out of the question.

Also I am still waiting for any input on what kind of timings I should have on my ram so that I can use a memdivider. Stupid computer crashes when ever I try any divider at all which makes no sense to me at all.

Keep it on stock timings and run a divider, timings really dont matter. unless you do some serious benchmarking and whatnot.

You can look into the TT big typhoon for 50 dollars :D, or the thermaltake venus 12 for aroudn 30, kept my venice at 25C :D with a 35% OC :)

I would love to use stock timings and run a divider but MY COMPUTER WON'T WORK WITH ANY DIVIDER SET!! Which is retarded because it should be easier for it to work. The only explanation I have gotten is that either I need to flash something (which I didn't really understand) or the timings are set too tight on my ram. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom