Trouble with DVD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUTZandRAGE

Solid State Member
I own a SONY DRU-720A burner, and have updated the firmware to YJ06.

I resintalled my Windows last night, and noticed no problems. I was reading a file off of a DVD+ disc earlier today, but in the afternoon I put in some Phillips DVD+ in the drive because I have fogotten what was on it.

It did not read the Phillips and it failed to read every other DVD+ I have inserted since, including the same discs it was reading this morning.

I even went as far as to downgrade to YJ03 and then back to 06 and nothing. It wont even make an attempt at reading these discs. It wont even read blanks.

This is really odd. Unless I have gone crazy, which is possible, the drive should be capable of reading these disc. It did so not a few hous ago.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes. I can see the icon that says DVD-RW DRIVE (E)

I even updated again to JY07. But, nothing. This is really frustrating. It's not like I unistalled anything, I put in the old DVDs and it was done.

Any help would be appreciated.

The plot thickens...

I tried again this morning, and now my drive will read some DVD+R, although randomly and even some of the DVD+RW it refused to read yesterday.

What it wont do is read the discs it was reading perfectly yesterday, discs I used to burn the useful data on my PC before re-installing Windows.

Is there anything that may have caused my drive to "blacklist" this batch of DVDs? Could the discs have gone bad some how? I did not drop 'em or alter them in any way, and neither did I install anything on the drive. It wouldn't bother me much if it wasn't reading the damned things only a day ago.

Again, any kind of help is appreciated. I need that data back. : (

another clue:

The discs it is reading were burnt at 4X, while the discs it wont were burnt at 8X. I don't see how to change the read speed, if that was what changed.

And I hate to sound like a broken record, but it was reading them fine yesterday.

sorry dude but i think u've screwed up ur drive cuz updating firmwares are considered dangerous.

Yeah. :(

I'm looking into buying another.

I did re-installed Nero, and for a bit it worked. It read the discs I wanted it to read. But after a while, I tried changing discs and it was over. None will work again.

Thanks for the help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom