New Comp Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmanOne

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I am looking at a new custom system, can you recommend anything I could change? And for the motherboard, if it is not good enough, my only options are the Asus brand (certain reasons):

CPU Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.0GHz FSB800 512KB H. Threading
Memory 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Memory (Major Brand)
Mother Board ASUS P4S800 Mother Board
Hard Drive 1 Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM UDMA 133 IDE 8MB Cache
Optical Drive 1 LG 52X32X52 CD-RW (black)
Optical Drive 2 LG 16X DVD-ROM (black)
Video ATI Power Color Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB DDR, DVI, TV-Out
Audio Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Network Card Onboard 10/100 Mbps Network Card
Floppy Drive 1.44MB Floppy Drive (black)
Case Xpider Color Case (Black)
Power Supply 480 Watt Thermaltake SILENT Power Sup.Dual Fan Control W0014
CRT Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 17" 750S 0.23mm 1280x1024 (black)
Speakers Sicuro Realworld RW350XL (black)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (OEM)

EDIT: I was thinking of upgrading the HD to Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM IDE 8MB Cache Serial ATA for an extra 10 bucks. Should I? Does my Mobo support it?

Also, I forgot. Nowhere else does it mention extra fans. If I am not going to overclock, should the p4 fan, video card fan and PSU be enough to effectively cool my system?

And with the Xpider case, if I wished to overclock, could I add in extra fans easily enought to OC?

looks like a good computer. instead of the radeon 9600 256, i would get the 9600 xt. little faster plus try and find one that still comes with a free halflife 2 coupon. for overclocking, you might want a better fan/heatsink combo than the stock p4 comes with.
p.s. on your harddrive upgrade, it cant be both ide and serial ata. one or the other

Thats a pretty nice system you got there;)

Nah, the stock heatsink and fans will do as long s your not gonna OC;)

Yeah I realize I can't have both, I was asking which I should use. I figured it out, two changed I am going to make are the mobo to p4p800 and the vid card to either the ATI or FX5700.

BlackmanOne said:
Yeah I realize I can't have both, I was asking which I should use. I figured it out, two changed I am going to make are the mobo to p4p800 and the vid card to either the ATI or FX5700.

Ermm, well I'd stick with the ASUS P4C800, they are top notch boards;) And probably go with a Sapphire Rdeon 9600XT video card;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom