so when is dual core gonna be in main stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
so i was wondering that everyone talks about dual core is the future proof.
when exactly is it gonna be out in main stream and works w/ most of software? when the vista comes out? a year from now? and u think it makes huge difference? (well i hope so...not like SLI, gives us 30% performance inclease..) well it all depends on the software but..what do u think?

An os works by moving itself between processor cache and ram.....
If you run three apps....you are actually running 4....
The os, and the three apps are "fighting" for processor cache.....
A secondary core would basically allows you to run multiple apps...increasing overall performance of an operation system(s).

You can't really find games that are written for multiple core....I really cant find a use for games.
Using Adobe Premier or Avid.....you could take the workload, split it up and run the 2 halves on 2 different cores and then combine it....sort of like torrent....

The second technology that will probably catch on faster and will be more widely used is the developement of 64-bit apps.

I would never go back to a single core processor again, I can encode DVDs, Download off the internet, and run multiple apps, PLUS play video games without a single hitch in the game, just need to affinity the orograms which take about 2 seconds, seriously, i would go dual =)

Very soon most of the big games Unreal07 and Oblibion to name a few are full blown duel core 64 bit supported and will take advantage. We already have 64 bit OS's for Linux UNIX and even Windows so it's mainstream there. The wait should not to too much longer.

Right now Dual Core is not good because games are not made for it. It will become good when games get more Dual Coreish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom